LAND REGISTRATION PLATFORM
Romania maintains a massive database of real estate data called eTerra. Publicly accessible and easily searchable, the system is important for real estate market transactions and for landowners to access agricultural funds. It also aids in the consolidation of farmland and helps Romanian farms to compete in the European Union. However, only about 12 percent of the "territorial administrative units" are registered in eTerra, leaving a majority of property owners at a disadvantage.
The National Agency for Cadastre and Land Registration is implementing a €313 million project to register properties in 793 "territorial administrative units". In light of Romania's problem of corruption in public procurement, the Agency is implementing an Integrity Pact in two out of three components of the procurement process to promote transparency, efficiency and accountability.
Civic monitors Transparency International Romania and Institute for Public Policy improved the procurement process by commissioning a specialised journalist, proposing a change to meetings between the contracting authority and contractors, encouraged a market consultation, and improved tendering documentation.
In this section
- BG | Construction of the Zheleznitsa tunnel
- CZ | Technical assistance for the development of MS2014+, a monitoring system for the administration of EU funds
- GR | Construction of a flood protection pipeline
- HU | M6 highway
- HU | Tisza-Túr flood reservoir
- IT | Restoration of the archaeological site of Sybaris
- IT | Cagliari city rail
- IT | Technical assistance to the Lombardy region
- IT | Local development in Sicily
- LV | Development of the Riga tram infrastructure
- LT | Reconstruction of the Neris riverside
- PL | Railway modernisation
- PT | Renovation of the Alcobaça monastery
- RO | Digital library of Romania
- RO | National education platform
- RO | Land registration platform
- RO | Administration of EU funds
- SI | Energy renovation of hospitals