RECONSTRUCTION OF THE NERIS RIVERSIDE
The Neris River runs through the centre of Vilnius, Lithuania's capital, and its banks are one of the most beloved public spaces in the city. The Vilnius Municipality is revitalising the riverside area with new paths, cycle lanes, and amenities.
The total budget for the project is €10.5 million. To make sure that this money is spent in the best interests of the people of Vilnius, the municipal authorities have committed to work with Transparency International Lithuania via an Integrity Pact to open up the process to greater public scrutiny.
In 2016, the Lithuanian government spent over €4 billion on public contracts – over 40 per cent of the country’s national budget. Since the Public Procurement Office only has the capacity to thoroughly evaluate around 3.4 per cent of high-value procurement procedures, space for corruption in the public procurement process remains a threat.
Transparency International Lithuania’s team of experts in contracting and legal issues are following the project step by step to make sure that the funds allocated are well spent.
In this section
- BG | Construction of the Zheleznitsa tunnel
- CZ | Technical assistance for the development of MS2014+, a monitoring system for the administration of EU funds
- GR | Construction of a flood protection pipeline
- HU | M6 highway
- HU | Tisza-Túr flood reservoir
- IT | Restoration of the archaeological site of Sybaris
- IT | Cagliari city rail
- IT | Technical assistance to the Lombardy region
- IT | Local development in Sicily
- LV | Development of the Riga tram infrastructure
- LT | Reconstruction of the Neris riverside
- PL | Railway modernisation
- PT | Renovation of the Alcobaça monastery
- RO | Digital library of Romania
- RO | National education platform
- RO | Land registration platform
- RO | Administration of EU funds
- SI | Energy renovation of hospitals