TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF MS2014+, A MONITORING SYSTEM FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF EU FUNDS
The Czech Republic is set to receive €24.2 billion in EU funding between 2014-2020 but audits carried out by both the Czech national Audit Authority and the European Commission have repeatedly uncovered large-scale challenges in the management of EU funds. In 2012, such discoveries led to payments interruptions for all EU-funded Operational Programmes in the Czech Republic.
As a result, the Ministry for Regional Development came up with a plan and introduced MS2014+, a unified monitoring system for the administration of European subsidies. The online platform aims to bring transparency in the allocation of EU funds for 2014-2020 and provide more clarity of information for applicants and beneficiaries.
MS2014+ has significantly simplified much of the management and distribution of EU funds in the Czech Republic. At the same time, it has been a big undertaking and not without its challenges. Now the system has been improved so that it is functional, stable, reliable, and meets user requirements.
Although highly technical, the project has an impact on all EU-funded investments in the Czech Republic – meaning that the roads, schools and hospitals built using EU funds all rely on it. Given the importance of this investment, Transparency International Czech Republic has monitored the tendered work through an Integrity Pact.
In this section
- BG | Construction of the Zheleznitsa tunnel
- CZ | Technical assistance for the development of MS2014+, a monitoring system for the administration of EU funds
- GR | Construction of a flood protection pipeline
- HU | M6 highway
- HU | Tisza-Túr flood reservoir
- IT | Restoration of the archaeological site of Sybaris
- IT | Cagliari city rail
- IT | Technical assistance to the Lombardy region
- IT | Local development in Sicily
- LV | Development of the Riga tram infrastructure
- LT | Reconstruction of the Neris riverside
- PL | Railway modernisation
- PT | Renovation of the Alcobaça monastery
- RO | Digital library of Romania
- RO | National education platform
- RO | Land registration platform
- RO | Administration of EU funds
- SI | Energy renovation of hospitals