A statement of vision, values and guiding principles for Transparency International
A world in which government, politics, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption.
Our guiding principles
We are a civil society organization committed to respecting the following principles:
- As coalition builders, we will work cooperatively with all individuals and groups, with for profit and not for profit corporations and organizations, and with governments and international bodies committed to the fight against corruption, subject only to the policies and priorities set by our governing bodies.
- We undertake to be open, honest and accountable in our relationships with everyone we work with and with each other.
- We will be democratic, politically non partisan and non sectarian in our work.
- We will condemn bribery and corruption vigorously and courageously wherever it has been reliably identified.
- The positions we take will be based on sound, objective and professional analysis and high standards of research.
- We will only accept funding that does not compromise our ability to address issues freely, thoroughly and objectively.
- We will provide accurate and timely reports of our activities to our stakeholders.
- We will respect and encourage respect for fundamental human rights and freedoms.
- We are committed to building, working with and working through national chapters world wide.
- We will strive for balanced and diverse representation on our governing bodies.
- As one global movement, we stand in solidarity with each other and we will not act in ways that may adversely affect other Chapters or the TI movement as a whole.
Adopted by the Transparency International Annual Membership Meeting in Prague, 06 October 2001 and updated by the Transparency International Annual Membership Meeting in Bali, 28 October 2007 and the Transparency International Annual Membership Meeting in Berlin, 16 October 2011.