Development, peace and security focus of 18th International Anti-Corruption Conference in Copenhagen
The intersections between corruption and security, peace and development will be the focus of leading experts from politics, media, business and civil society at the 18th International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC) in Copenhagen, 22 – 24 October 2018.
Held under the theme Together for development, peace and security: now is the time to act, the conference will be opened by the Prime Minister of Denmark, Lars Løkke Rasmussen, and is hosted by Ulla Tørnæs, Minister for Development Cooperation of Denmark.
A high-level segment hosted by the Danish Ministry for Development Cooperation will bring together government ministers from around the world, leaders of international organisations and heads of multinational corporations. Participants in the high-level segment will take part in seven open panel discussions and issue a new joint statement on preventing and driving out corruption.
- Nikolai Astrup, Minister of International Development, Norway
- Bambang Permadi Soemantri Brodjonegoro, Minister of National Development Planning, Indonesia
- Yury Fedotov, Executive Director, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Kristalina Georgieva, CEO, World Bank
- Ashraf Ghani, President, Afghanistan
- Penny Mordaunt, Secretary of State for International Development, United Kingdom
- Pavlo Petrenko, Minister of Justice, Ukraine
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and CEO, Total
- Rosine Sori-Coulibaly, Minister for Economy, Finance and Development, Burkina Faso
- Thea Tsulukiani, Minister of Justice, Georgia
Key conference themes will be covered in multiple sessions including:
- Corruption, Fragility and Conflict (high-level open session)
- Corruption, Conflict and Development: Delivering Development Results in High-Corruption Risk Environments (workshop)
- Fighting Corruption for Global Security: Prevention of Violent Extremism, Conflict and Forced Migration (workshop)
- The Battle Inside the War- What Stands Between Women in Conflict Situations and Help? (workshop)
- Managing the Risk of Corruption in Development Co-operation (workshop)
- Promoting Good Governance for Peace and Security (plenary)
More than 50 workshops will be held at the 18th IACC, alongside the Films for Transparency festival and the Fair Play concert. See the full programme here.
The 2018 Anti-Corruption Awards will also be announced during a ceremont on 22 October. View the shortlisted candidates here.
Press accreditation is available on-site at the conference. Please email [email protected] to receive regular updates from the event and request interviews.
For any press enquiries please contact
E: [email protected]
T: +49 30 34 38 20 666