Media Advisory: Transparency International to announce prestigious Integrity Award winners at the 14th International Anti-Corruption Conference 10 -13 November in Bangkok
Transparency International will announce the winners of the 2009 and 2010 Integrity Awards on 12 November 2010, day three of the 14th International Anti-Corruption Conference in Bangkok, Thailand.
Launched in 2000, the Integrity Awards recognise courageous individuals who have made a significant difference in the fight against corruption.
The 14th International Anti-Corruption Conference brings together more than 1000 members of the anti-corruption community. Under this year’s theme, Restoring trust: Global action for transparency, the conference will run more than 50 workshops and plenary sessions over four days.
Notable speakers will include:
- Abhisit Vejjajiva, Prime Minister of Thailand
- Haruhiko Kuroda President of the Asian Development Bank
- Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Managing Director, World Bank
- Huguette Labelle, Chair of Transparency International
- Paul Collier, Professor of Economics and the Director for the Centre for the Study of African Economics at the University of Oxford
- Gareth Evans, President Emeritus, International Crisis Group
- Ashok Khosla, President of the International Union for Conservation of Nature
- Salil Shetty, Secretary General, Amnesty International
- Robert Greenhill, Managing Director, World Economic Forum
For the complete programme of speakers, special sessions and workshops go to http://14iacc.org/programme/at-a-glance/.
The Integrity Award winners will be announced at 10.00am Bangkok time on November 12. The winners will receive their awards at a Gala Dinner that night. Previous winners include government and corporate whistleblowers, civil society activists, and extraordinary citizens from around the world.
Transparency International is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption.
For any press enquiries please contact
Deborah Wise Unger, Media and Public Relations Manager
T: +49 30 34 38 20 662
E: [email protected]