Launch: Water Integrity Network (WIN). Leading organisations unite to fight corruption in the water sector worldwide.
Note for News and Planning Editors
Corruption in the water sector violates human dignity, increases health risks and robs the poor of access to clean drinking water. In response, a group of leading organisations have created the Water Integrity Network to counter corruption in water worldwide.
- Corruption in the water sector, an expert diagnosis.
- WIN actions to promote anti-corruption activities and coalition-building at local and regional levels.
- WIN coalition-building at local, regional and global levels between civil society, private and public sectors
- Hon. Mutua Katuku, Minister of Water, Kenya
- Mr. David Nussbaum, Chief Executive, Transparency International
- Ms Kathleen Shordt, Sr. Programme Officer, International Water and Sanitation Centre (IRC)
- Mr. Piers Cross, Principal Regional Team Leader, Water and Sanitation Program
On Tuesday, 22 August 2006
World Water Week
Stockholm City Conference Centre
Room 206 Folkets Hus, Barnhusgatan 12-14
Please note: b-roll is available upon request
For any press enquiries please contact
Mr. David Trouba
Stockholm International Water Institute
T: +46 8 522 139 89
Ms. Sarah Tyler
Transparency International, Berlin