Temporary Part-Time Assistant, IT Help Desk
Application Closing Date - 24 Sep 2017
Job Start Date - As soon as possible
Duration - 1 year, with the possibility of extension
Pay Scale - Midi-Job (max. EUR 850 per month)
Location - Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: Provision of IT Help Desk support
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension
Working hours: Part-time (approx. 20 hours per week, to be agreed)
Remuneration: Midi-Job (up to max. EUR 850 per month)
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Team: IT / Operations
Under the general supervision of the IT Systems Administrator, the IT Help Desk Support Assistant will have the responsibility of supporting the IT infrastructure and assisting end users with various hardware/software related issues. The main tasks of the Assistant will include:
- Providing day-to-day technical support in the use of current TI information technology systems
- Providing technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically
- Providing assistance in the maintenance and utilization of TI audio and videoconference systems
- Providing technical support to users on TI standard computer systems, software, and hardware
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring all cases ensuring timely resolution
- Setting up new users, desks and moving equipment
- Performing other related tasks as assigned
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Background in computer science or related field
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Windows 7, Mac OS and Office 365
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and related applications
- Familiarity with Client PC connectivity; Ethernet; Wifi
- Strong communication skills; fluency in English required (working language of the organisation)
- Excellent problem solving skills and customer service orientation
- Strong organisational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter, mentioning the origin of the application, and CV in English (in one pdf file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 24 September 2017.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
The international fight against corruption needs your expertise, your skills and experience, and your passion for social justice.
From our secretariat in Berlin and in more than 100 national chapters, Transparency International seeks professionals and volunteers with exceptional talent and commitment to join our efforts and make a contribution to a better world.
Important documents and information
- Recruitment policy and procedures
- Gender and diversity policy
- Relocation allowance policy
- Grades and salary bands
- Purchase and procurement summary guidelines
- VAT form for tenders
- Code of Conduct: 4.3.2. Staff Recruitment / Non-preferential Treatment of Family and Friends
"Appointments to all positions will be made on merit, regardless of gender; region; religion; disability; family status; sexual orientation, etc. We are committed to open, fair, and transparent appointment, recruitment, hiring, and procurement procedures and practice. Family members, and friends and organisations with which we or our families or friends are associated, will not be accorded preferential treatment. […] To manage potential conflicts of interest, we will disclose such connections with potential applicants or candidates of whom we are aware. We will recuse ourselves from any recruitment or contracting process where we have a conflict of interest. We will ask shortlisted candidates to declare such relations at Transparency International Secretariat or with the Board of Directors. We will not allow situations in which close family relatives or partners are in a direct reporting relationship to one another."