Prospect Research Consultant
Application Closing Date - 13 Oct 2019
Job Start Date - 01 Nov, 2019
Duration - 1 November 2019 – 31 January 2020
Location - Not specified
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) in Berlin is seeking a consultant to identify and research foundation and corporate prospects to support the work of Transparency International Secretariat’s Fundraising team and specifically to meet our fundraising goals.
- Proactively identify foundations and corporate prospects as well as specific calls for grant applicationsby carrying out high quality research through electronic alerts, analysis, screening information, data mining techniques, push technology, demographic searches, information from staff, supporters and contacts, and any other sources as appropriate;
- Draft detailed prospect profiles;
- Advise on prospects’ ability and tendency to give and to rate prospects accordingly, including indicating estimated wealth and giving capacity;
- Assist the Fundraising team in the conception of cultivation events for all prospects;
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
- Draft Report Outline not exceeding 5 pages by 15 November 2019with the opportunity to adjust the scope and scale as needed
- Draft Report by 15 January 2020
- Final Report by 31 January 2020.
All presentations and reports are to be submitted in English, in electronic form, in accordance with the deadlines stipulated above. The Consultant is responsible for editing and quality control of language. The TI Secretariat retains the sole rights with respect to all distribution, dissemination and publication of the deliverables.
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Proven experience of prospect research leading to securing major gifts, foundations and corporates;
- Extensive experience of working with fundraising databases and the ability to interrogate and extract data for profiles and reports;
- Good numeracy skills and the ability to analyse company accounts and wealth data;
- Ability to manage and analyse large amounts of complex data and present information clearly;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and prospect research tools;
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and apply policies, rules, and regulations, and to learn regulations governing charitable giving;
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working in a global NGO/charity environment
- Relevant professional training or qualifications in fundraising research or related fields
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The Consultants should provide their estimated total fee as a lump sum or as standard daily or hourly rates, before any VAT or other charges.
For Consultants based in the EU, EEA and Switzerland
Transparency International e.V. (Secretariat), (TI-S) is registered as a Business Entity in Germany with VAT identification number DE273612486. In order to determine the Value Added Tax (VAT) implications of this tender, we kindly request that Consultants fill out the VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form (instructions inside the form) and submit the completed and duly signed form along with their email application.
The link to the VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form is available below.
The application should include the following documents in English:
- Business proposal with quotes
- Motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae
- One sample of relevant previous work (confidentiality guaranteed).
- Completed VAT Form for Tenders (Only for Consultants based in the EU, EEA and Switzerland)
Please indicate “Prospect Research Consultant” in the subject line of your email application. Applications should be sent in English by email to Fundraising Team at email@example.com by close of business of 13/10/2019.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The international fight against corruption needs your expertise, your skills and experience, and your passion for social justice.
From our secretariat in Berlin and in more than 100 national chapters, Transparency International seeks professionals and volunteers with exceptional talent and commitment to join our efforts and make a contribution to a better world.
Important documents and information
- Gender and diversity policy
- Relocation allowance policy
- Grades and salary bands
- Purchase and procurement summary guidelines
- VAT form for tenders
- Code of Conduct: 4.3.2. Staff Recruitment / Non-preferential Treatment of Family and Friends
"Appointments to all positions will be made on merit, regardless of gender; region; religion; disability; family status; sexual orientation, etc. We are committed to open, fair, and transparent appointment, recruitment, hiring, and procurement procedures and practice. Family members, and friends and organisations with which we or our families or friends are associated, will not be accorded preferential treatment. […] To manage potential conflicts of interest, we will disclose such connections with potential applicants or candidates of whom we are aware. We will recuse ourselves from any recruitment or contracting process where we have a conflict of interest. We will ask shortlisted candidates to declare such relations at Transparency International Secretariat or with the Board of Directors. We will not allow situations in which close family relatives or partners are in a direct reporting relationship to one another."