IACC web developer and designer
Application Closing Date - 18 Jun 2019
Job Start Date - As soon as possible
Duration - as soon as possible for 26 months
Location - Remotely
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) in Berlin is seeking an experienced web developer and designer to support the International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC) team with their various websites and graphic designs.
The International Anti-Corruption Conference is the world’s premier global forum for bringing together heads of state, civil society, the private sector and more to tackle the increasingly sophisticated challenges posed by corruption. The IACC takes place every two years in a different region of the world, and hosts from 1500 to 2000 participants from over 135 countries worldwide. The conference serves as the premier global forum for the networking and cross-fertilisation that are indispensable for effective advocacy and action, on a global and national level.
OBJECTIVES AND EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
- Be responsive to the needs of the IACC team on a daily basis; Maintenance and further development and visual identity of the IACC related websites (iaccseries.org, films4transparency.org, anticorruptionmusic.org, and j4t.org and any further related websites), working closely with the IACC team
- Further enhance the design and development of the Films for Transparency initiative (eg. Including pubic fundraising tools, payment tools or ticket sales)
- Upon request of the IACC team, create new cutting edge websites for the IACC initiatives and partner projects
- Integrate existing or new and innovative platforms and toolkits
- Support with IACC Newsletter templates and other tools
- Upon demand, design visual identities and logos for related IACC initiatives
- Be responsive and able to operate in a number of different cultural contexts and working in different time zones
- Ensure IACC websites are safe and secure
- Identify, monitor and resolve security risks
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- 5 years of web development and design experience
- Programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML, CSS, and Responsive Web Design
- Proficiency in Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience with frameworks and CMSs, specifically WordPress
- Think creatively when solving problems, skills in debugging, and cross-browser testing
- Excellent time management, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and work well under time pressure, with the ability to deliver quality outputs with little supervision
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Interest in Anti-Corruption work
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The estimated projected amount of time for this position is 10 hours per month. The duration of the contract for the successful applicant is initially for 26 months, with the possibility of extension. The applicant should provide their hourly rates and other estimated costs, before Value Added Tax (VAT) or other charges. Transparency International e.V. (Secretariat), (TI-S) is registered as a Business Entity in Germany with VAT identification number DE273612486. In order to determine the VAT implications of this tender, we kindly request that the Consultants fill out the VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form (instructions inside the form) and submit the completed and duly signed form along with their email application.
The link to the VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form is available below.
The application should include the following documents in English:
- A brief cover note indicating your relevant experience to undertake this role and assignment
- Curriculum Vitae
- Share a minimum of 3 websites designed and coded by the applicant (confidentiality guaranteed)
- Hourly rates and other estimated costs, before VAT or other charges
- Completed VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor
Please indicate “IACC web developer and designer” in the subject line of your email application. Applications should be sent in English by email to IACC team at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business of 18 June 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The international fight against corruption needs your expertise, your skills and experience, and your passion for social justice.
From our secretariat in Berlin and in more than 100 national chapters, Transparency International seeks professionals and volunteers with exceptional talent and commitment to join our efforts and make a contribution to a better world.
Important documents and information
- Gender and diversity policy
- Relocation allowance policy
- Grades and salary bands
- Purchase and procurement summary guidelines
- VAT form for tenders
- Code of Conduct: 4.3.2. Staff Recruitment / Non-preferential Treatment of Family and Friends
"Appointments to all positions will be made on merit, regardless of gender; region; religion; disability; family status; sexual orientation, etc. We are committed to open, fair, and transparent appointment, recruitment, hiring, and procurement procedures and practice. Family members, and friends and organisations with which we or our families or friends are associated, will not be accorded preferential treatment. […] To manage potential conflicts of interest, we will disclose such connections with potential applicants or candidates of whom we are aware. We will recuse ourselves from any recruitment or contracting process where we have a conflict of interest. We will ask shortlisted candidates to declare such relations at Transparency International Secretariat or with the Board of Directors. We will not allow situations in which close family relatives or partners are in a direct reporting relationship to one another."