IACC Series Communications & Public Relations Officer
Application Closing Date - 22 Jul 2019
Job Start Date - As soon as possible
Duration - until December 2020
Location - Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
TI is the Secretariat to the International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC). Held usually every two years in a different part of the world, the Conference is the world’s most important event for all who are committed to the fight against corruption. Gathering more than 1.5 thousand participants from more than 140 countries, the conference is a vibrant and proactive platform for innovation and change. Now in its 19th edition, the next IACC will take place in Seoul, Korea from 2-5 June 2020. The IACC is also home to a number of Game Changing Initiatives involving filmmakers, journalists, social entrepreneurs and musicians - all of whom are committed to fight for social justice.
Main function: The IACC Series Communications & Public Relations Officer supports the objectives of the Conference and its initiatives, effectively involving an increasing number of target audiences, maintaining the IACC websites and social media tools, promotion of the event and its initiative, as well as securing high level speakers for the event. Key tasks supporting the IACC operations include VIP/speaker hospitality, budget administration and supporting the IACC reporting and controlling mechanisms.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until December 2020
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin/Germany
- Coordinate IACC communications including websites, Sched (or other) profiling, social media, newsletter, marketing and promotion of the IACC initiatives as well as generating content
- Coordinate international outreach to specific target groups
- Coordinate IACC related social media in collaboration with TI Communications colleagues
- Coordinate the design of partnership, funding or hosting briefs in InDesign (or other)
- Manage the VIP invitation tracking system, create invitations and coordinate their travel/hospitality
- Support in the roll-out of the IACC initiatives and profiling on the IACC websites
- Support during the running of the Conference (on the spot) and coordinate the PR related follow up
- Support with administration of the workshop participation fund and relevant reimbursements or reporting
- Assist with financial reporting for the IACC initiatives
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree in communications, journalism, business administration, social sciences or other relevant fields
- 3+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO, International Organisation or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated experience in communications, public relations and event management
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken); proficiency in other languages – in particular French and/or Spanish – an advantage
- Knowledge of social media tools, Wordpress and Photo Shop an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to deal effectively with multiple demands and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently with minimum supervision
- High level of initiative with strong problem solving skills facing challenges
- Willingness to travel
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application) and CV in English to:
Deadline for applications is Monday, 22 July 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
The international fight against corruption needs your expertise, your skills and experience, and your passion for social justice.
From our secretariat in Berlin and in more than 100 national chapters, Transparency International seeks professionals and volunteers with exceptional talent and commitment to join our efforts and make a contribution to a better world.
Important documents and information
- Gender and diversity policy
- Relocation allowance policy
- Grades and salary bands
- Purchase and procurement summary guidelines
- VAT form for tenders
- Code of Conduct: 4.3.2. Staff Recruitment / Non-preferential Treatment of Family and Friends
"Appointments to all positions will be made on merit, regardless of gender; region; religion; disability; family status; sexual orientation, etc. We are committed to open, fair, and transparent appointment, recruitment, hiring, and procurement procedures and practice. Family members, and friends and organisations with which we or our families or friends are associated, will not be accorded preferential treatment. […] To manage potential conflicts of interest, we will disclose such connections with potential applicants or candidates of whom we are aware. We will recuse ourselves from any recruitment or contracting process where we have a conflict of interest. We will ask shortlisted candidates to declare such relations at Transparency International Secretariat or with the Board of Directors. We will not allow situations in which close family relatives or partners are in a direct reporting relationship to one another."