Online Communications OfficerApplication Closing Date - 06 May 2013
Job Start Date - As soon as possible
Duration - limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Pay Scale - Grade II
Location - Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 90 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The Online Communications Office produces, maintains and oversees the development and delivery of online content.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Manager Editorial and Publishing
Job grade: II
- Upload and maintain web content using an Expression Engine based Content Management System
- Work closely with TI-S departments to plan, write and disseminate web content, advising on appropriate web communications needs, tactics and tools
- Collaborate in management and delivery of web-based projects
- Conceptualise and produce multimedia content, such as audio slide shows, for TI’s website and social media channels
- Contribute to writing/editing assignments, including web features, human interest stories, blog posts, etc.
- Track and analyse web metrics related to our online platforms and develop recommendations for areas of potential improvement
- Support the development of social media strategies and their implementation.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree or professional qualification in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science or another relevant field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in writing and/or editing for the web at an international or media organisation
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, with a thorough eye for detail and a creative approach to communications
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems and HTML
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop programmes
- Exemplary organisational skills and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Knowledge of and interest in corruption, development issues and international affairs
- Dynamic self-starter; highly motivated, comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
- Organised, dependable, flexible, highly articulate and discreet
- Additional languages, especially Spanish and/or French are desirable.
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter, CV and a recent unedited English writing sample by the candidate on a topic of the candidate’s choice of no more than 500 words to:
Deadline for applications is 6 May 2013.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org