Internship in the Resource Development DepartmentApplication Closing Date - 29 Feb 2016
Job Start Date - April 2016
Duration - 3-6 months
Pay Scale - EUR 450 per month
Location - Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Resource Development Department’s mission is to provide unrestricted funding to the TI-Secretariat, to assist its regional and other department’s efforts to raise programmatic funds, and to offer fundraising technical support, advice, and training to National Chapters. We sit at the centre of the organisation, having strong relationships with all other teams at the secretariat. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in fundraising from a diverse range of international donors.
Main function: Supporting the Resource Development Department
Starting date: April 2016
Duration: 3-6 months (preferably 6 months), depending on type of internship pursued (see below)
Department: Resource Development Department
Remuneration: EUR 450 per month
Location: Berlin, Germany
- Identifying and researching new funding opportunities
- Supporting preparation of project and programme funding proposals
- Assisting in the management of donor relations (email and written correspondence, including donor newsletters and individual donations) and updating the donor database
- Assisting in internal reporting and preparation of publications
- Support towards specific funding approaches to bilateral, foundation and corporate donors on a case by case basis
- General administrative and logistical support (incl. setting up team meetings, drafting minutes, organising travel, etc.)
Knowledge, experience, interests and skills:
- Enrolled student in social science, political and economic disciplines, communications, or other relevant fields
- Strong interest in resource development, donor relations, and anti-corruption
- Fluent written and spoken English; further language skills are an asset
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Strong research capacities
- Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, other Microsoft Office applications are an asset; good internet skills
- Very good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, dedication, flexibility, and the ability to contribute fully to the work of the department, the secretariat and the wider movement
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset
How to apply:
To apply for this internship please send a maximum one page cover letter (outlining your motivation for undertaking an internship in the Resource Development Department) and a maximum two page CV, preferably by email, to Barbara Gerold-Wolke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 29 February 2016 COB. The application process will involve a telephone interview and a test. These are envisaged to take place in the week 29 February 2016 and/or 7 March 2016.
Candidates must be enrolled at a university during the entire period of the internship. The maximum duration of the internship possible would depend on whether the internship pursued would be a mandatory internship, i.e. a requirement for graduation, or a non-mandatory internship, i.e. pursued voluntarily during an academic programme.
Kindly note that a valid work permit for Germany is required and that interns must take out their own health insurance before starting the internship. Persons already registered as residents in Germany must submit a new Tax Identification Number. Proof of enrollment must be provided irrespective of the type of internship pursued (mandatory or non-mandatory internship).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this internship. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the very high volume of applications received it is unfortunately not possible to provide individualized feedback.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International visit our website at www.transparency.org.