Transparency International adheres to various reporting frameworks. This page presents our compliance with initiatives that seek to establish new norms and standards in the fields of governance and sustainability.
As a signatory to the INGO Accountability Charter, Transparency International submitted its first GRI report in 2010. More details on this reporting framework and on the INGO Accountability charter can be obtained at the INGO Accountability Charter website.
Earlier Transparency International Secretariat INGO Accountability Charter reports (following another format) can be found here.
Initiative for a Transparent Civil Society
More information about the initiative can be found here: Initiative Transparente Zivilgesellschaft (in German only)
Information on Transparency International e.V. according to its commitment
1. Name, Registered Office, Address, Founding Year
- Name, Registered Office, Address
- Founding Year: 1993
2. Complete Charter and information about the organisation’s mission
3. Tax exempt status
Transparency International e.V. holds the tax number 27/678/51105 and is recognised by the authorities in Germany, where it is based, as a charitable organisation because of its contribution to preventing criminal activities through its work against corruption. The latest certificate received from the tax authorities (Finanzamt für Körperschaften I), dated 12.08.2016, states Transparency International e.V.’s exemption from corporate income tax (Körperschaftssteuer) and business tax (Gewerbesteuer) until the end of 2020.
4. Name und Function of main decision-making bodies
- Membership (accredited National Chapters and Individual Members)
- Board of Directors (Name, Function)
5. Annual Report
- Transparency International
- Transparency International Secretariat
- Personnel Structure (2015)
- Employees (full-time/part-time) and interns: see Audited Financial Statement
- Freelancers (consultants, translators, etc.): 162
- Members of the Board of Directors: 12
- Individual Members: 30 (two of 30 Individual Members were also Members of the Board of Directors)
- Senior Advisors: 11 (all Senior Advisors are also Individual Members)
8. Allocation of Resources
9. Institutional Relationships
10. Name of legal entities, contributing with more than 10 per cent to the organisation’s budget